Dogs generally find frozen treats irresistible, but human ice cream contain ingredients like sugar or dairy that can be harmful to dogs. Store bought doggie ice creams are often pricey. So why not try to prepare your own versions of these frozen delights to help keep your best friend cool and happy! With these safe, healthy, mouth-watering treats, your dog is sure to plant a cold-tongued kiss on your cheek!
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 small tub of fresh strawberries
- 3 or 4 cups of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
- Mash the strawberries using a potato masher.
- Mix strawberry mash with yogurt and then freeze overnight.
Carob Chip Ice Cream
- 2 six-ounce containers of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup of carob chips
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
- Pour them into cupcake liners or ice cube trays.
- Freeze until solid.
Ice Cream Cloud Nine
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of natural plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps. of honey
- Mash the banana and then stir it into the natural yogurt.
- Warm the cup of peanut butter using a microwave or stove until it’s easy to stir.
- Add the banana and yogurt mixture and the honey to the softened peanut butter.
- Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick container and then freeze overnight.
Want to turn it into an ice cream sundae party? Here are some ice cream toppings that are safe to use:
- a spoonful of applesauce
- some dribbles of honey
- bits of crispy bacon
- a sprinkle of rice crispies
- dashes of toasted sesame seeds
Have fun and remember to make certain that any and all ingredients you use are sugar and salt free!